Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Brother

You are my only brother
The flesh of the mirror in my eye
Leaving this world of mine
To undertake your own for once
No longer in my shadow
Out from under my wing
Why do you have to go like this
Throwing all your dreams out the window
Wait and see, never rush with love
Your gift sits enthroned before you
Yet you don't see
But I'm cursed to see your gifts
You are my only brother
And I need you as support
I lift you as you lift me
So why walk away so that I may fall
In my times of trouble you are my help
Where will I get my help from
You have gone so far away
How will I stand to lose you
All for your selfish desires
They will soon die and you will be alone
Stay here brother and let me guide you
I've seen the world at war
Harsh and desperate is this place
Let me show you the way
Speak to my ghost and let him know
That weeping will do no good
I will make haste to bring you home
Don't throw your life away brother
You have so much to live for my friend
You're throwing it all away
You're seeking after the pretend
Realize you are more then this
Wake and know you are more then this

No comments: