Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Dry Soul Behind Brittle Bones

Heartfelt illusions take over the pride
One reign and one side to delude the mind
Inside a prison made of flesh and bones
Thoughts escape only to fill a void
Cosmic spaces that expand without end
A dry soul rusts behind cold walls
Running to a finish line that is always a step ahead
Never getting to where I need to be
Further behind we fall out of space and time
Drowning in the air that encloses our hell
Creeping creatures slither down hollow throats
No relief from this pain in sight
Ramming knives into our veins to change the thought
From bone break to bone break
Creating more agony to forget the one before
Useless and without hope how do you become a man again
Trusting no man, women, or beast we hold to one thing
Kill or be killed and it ruins us
Rotted out to the core we bleed without cease
The world around me has become both friend and enemy
Coming together to be just another frienemy, living in two realities
Take me back to the place where I can rest
Where blood and fire do not delude the water of life
Receive now my crown of hope for now I only wish to live
Keep me in your arms tonight
My last wish is only to sustain and make it through the night
Rescue me from this dying soul locked behind brittle bones
There has got to be more to life then this
There has to be more then this

No comments: